WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: South Dakota

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of November 28, 2023

In which county do I file a petition?

A petition for a vulnerable adult protection order can be filed in the circuit court or in a magistrate court in the county where the vulnerable adult lives or in the county where the abuser lives.1

1 SDCL § 21-65-2